Muscle and joint pain
Find out how to get support for muscle and joint pain.
MSK First Contact Physio
A FCP is a Physiotherapist with specialist training to see all the below conditions and organise any services and further investigations if needed.
This is for patients who are 16 + and have any of these problems:
- All soft tissue injuries, sprains, strains or sports injuries
- Arthritis – any joint
- Possible problems with muscles, ligaments, tendons or bone e.g., tennis elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome, ankle sprains
- Spinal pain including lower back pain, mid – back pain and neck pain
- Spinal- related pain in arms or legs including nerve symptoms e.g., pins and needles or numbness
- Changes to walking
- Post-orthopaedic surgery
It does not apply to problems such as:
- Acutely Unwell patients
- Children under the age of 16
- Medical management of rheumatoid conditions
- Women’s health i.e., antenatal and post-natal problems
- Housebound patients
- Neurological and respiratory conditions
- Patients who choose not to see an FCP
If you would like more information on this service, then please contact the surgery via the link below and a member of the admin team will be happy to either assist or book you an appointment.
Please note we do not hold FCP clinics from Woodland Drive Medical Centre these will be held at practices across the Barnsley area, so please be prepared to travel for your appointments.
Request an appointment at the surgery
If the services above are not suitable, you can request an appointment at the surgery.